Wednesday, October 29, 2008

increasing threshold for pain

Okay, I have signed up for Exile on 5th Nov - my last paper! Yippee Yeah? Not so fast. Not yet. Today is Wed 29th October 2008. I have 3 outstanding assignment, one budget, Jan 08's promotion to complete by 5th Nov.

Yes, we are to maximize our capacity! But as my piano teacher said - I think you have got too much on my hands! Hence maximizing our capacity is also one way to increase our threshold for pain. Also thought of the phrase - fetish for pain! I don't even need to proof any thing to anyone least of all myself! Then again, am I running away from something? Time alone?

NO! I would love to potter away in my garden. I have to cut a tree that may break my drain. The 'tares' in the lawn are one and a half feet tall. I need to watch out for the gardener, who has disappeared for his Diwali holiday. But my plants need time and space to grow. Just like humans, if one love another too much, one stifles them. Well, I don't stifle my plants. Not exactly. I do over-trim them. I kill them by over-feeding them with too much fertilisers.

So I turn my attention by attending lectures. Lo Behold, I have to choose a 'killer'. All in the name of learning from the best! I will get no sympathies from my peers and my lecturer because I made the choice! 5000 words for a hopeful C+?

My choice or my folly as one of my peers said of me! My opportunity cost of a carat!

But if we don't consciously make the choice, we do not know our limitations. The sky is the limit right? Yes! So this smart alec choose! Yes, this fool chooses where the brave would not go!

I could only but laugh at myself!