Thursday, May 21, 2009

of monkeys and coconuts....

If I have not said enough, taking on credits for a subject is a great way of forcing us to do a lot of reading and mulling; especially when I do not have the discipline, when I am left on my own.

The babylonian golahs produced a lot of poetic literature. Similarly, during this period of dissonnance, here is another one example of 'literature', coming out of our Perak fiasco....
(below I have copied enbloc, from a mail sent to me, source unknown).

xxxxxxxxxxx
Umno's insistence on holding on to Perak at any cost despite the harm done to it reminds me of how monkeys can be caught by using their greed.

A hole is made in a young coconut just large enough for the monkey's hand to pass through. The coconut is emptied of its juice and a few pieces of fruit or nuts placed inside. It is left where the monkey can see it.

Soon a monkey will come down and investigate. When it reaches in, it will grab the food. If the hole is the correct size, the monkey's hand can go in but will not come out with its fistful of food.

The monkey can then be approached and is at your complete mercy. The coconut weighs it down and prevents its escape although all the monkey has to do is to let go of the food.

Does this remind you of Umno holding on to Perak?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
________________________________________________________________-