Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year..!!!

okay the clock has just striked 12. I could hear the firecrackers going off at Lake Gardens.
I did not go to any watchnight services! Neither did I tried to get invited to any parties; and infact turned one down. I am sitting by choice, blogging away.

I am glad to say that I do not feel lonely! Unlike those days, I do not need to be with people! I am contented with myself. I think that is what silent retreat is all about.

Many of us cannot be faced with the prospect of being left alone. Being alone means we have to face and look at ourselves. I think the most difficult thing to accept is one's shortcomings! Sadly, many of us could not face that. The hurt, pain, anger etc. whether it is to one self or another and long hidden in our subconsciousness will rise to the top! If such things are not cleared, how could live with ourself. How do we expect the Holy Spirit to dwell in us or even speak to us?

Well, I am glad to report Lord, that I could quite happily live by myself. If there should really be any more stubborn, hidden black spots in me, and I am sure there are still plenty - cleanse me!

Here is - to the new 2010; and to the another DECADE!
I know it will be exciting. There will be a fresh new start and a lot of walking in faith!

Last but not least, YOU have shown us YOUR faithfulness! Today the High Court has just approved the use of Allah!

May the Lord bless us all!
____________________________________________