Monday, March 29, 2010

going back to basics...

Once jet-setting belongs to the rich and famous.

But now flying is available to the ordinary, with the availability of Budget flights.

Once I use to travel on jetliners of boeings 747, 738 etc. And even with local travel, I would not get on a Fokker plane; especially after two harrowing experience where it is either a few days of driving or a Fokker flight, into the hinterland in East Malaysia.

But now I have no more travel miles, so I have to travel on Budget flights. No big deal right? especially when so many are doing it; and why should one be so arrogant. So in all humility, I booked myself on a Firefly or Kunang flight down to Singapore. I am quite patriotic too!

Lo and Behold, I did not expect to be going back to basics. Not that I am a great fan of aeroplanes; but I know I have seen this type of planes before 2nd World War movies. I really did not expect to be sitting on a re-conditioned propeller-ed cargo plane!
Yes - this is what I travelled in; although I have to admit it is quite comfortable.



But look at this plane parked on the other side of the runway! This is our kiastu's neighbours equivalent. Tiger Airways! It has got jet-engines!



Sigh! Will we always be the step-child? Will we always be inferior? Will we always be a step behind!

__________________________________________