Saturday, February 13, 2010

another day in paradise...

Well, there was a plan to do many things. But as usual, things get hijacked, and so did totally different things ....

Went for a funeral service in the morning. Don't know the person, but have to accompany and drive my mum! Obviously, we do such things for the living! Still I got to meet some cousins! Also met with a deacon I have not seen for 10years! Boy, have we not all aged!

Sat through a sermon of which I could hardly make out. I have nothing to complain about the content of the sermon as one could hardly hear what was being said. Think we should send all our 'young' pastors to public speaking courses! Correction! It should be 'Enunciate Courses'! Incidentally, I feel sorry for this man! Soon, if he does not improve himself, he will be massacred by his congregation! Fortunately though, most of the critical ones have left!

Then in the afternoon, took delivery of my lenovo ideapad! Actually expected delivery probably next month! Hope it will last me for the next four years! Played with it of course! Pretty good for $$$ - sleek and small enough to even stick it into my hand bag!

Oh, one more thing. Have to say the Microsoft Windows 7 is really good! Apparently it does not crash like the Vista! Loads of new features that I have to learn. How could one ever think that we are too old to learn.

Last but not least, when I started writing this, the tune of 'Another day in Paradise', by Phil Collins, keeps coming up! Have to confess, I was happy and flabbergasted in not doing what was planned! Think I know now the significance of the tune!

Chorus (of Another Day in Paradise):
Oh
think twice
think about it
it is just another day for you and me in paradise...

_____________________________________________________