Saturday, February 21, 2009

pendatangs

Getting a bit lazy. So I am just copying other people's writings into my blog. This story below (author unknown) is rather representative of one of the current political ruse perhaps; a run up the infamous March 09, when we will have a new Prime Minister - a rather impatient and ambitious man or is it the wife?.

Incidentally the 'story' below also reminds me of the many occassions where I was called 'chinks' and told to go home, in England and Australia; even by little eight year olds. May be these little brats were influenced by ET, who wants to go home. Not surprisingly though, US is the only place, where I was never to told to go home! Because they are all pendatangs ie foreigners/visitors!

I am of the Hakka clan. Hakka means 'guests' in Mandarin. So of the 'guest' clan, they technically have no home! Fortunately my grandfather chose this to be our home!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Fairy God Mother

Ahmad: Hey son, who were you talking to?
Son: My fairy god mother.
Ahmad: How many times have I told you there is no such thing as a fairy god mother?
Son: I know, but there really is a fairy god-mother dad.
Ahmad: Okay, call her here now. I would like to talk to her.
Son: But she won't come dad. She said she doesn't want to meet you.
Ahmad: Did she tell you why?
Son: She said that you are a bad man. You betray your Chinese friends
by calling them pendatangs.

Ahmad: You saw that news on tv didn't you?
Son: No, I didn't, the fairy god mother told me.
Ahmad: Well, your fairy god mother is wrong. She should thank me
for calling the Chinese pendatangs.
Son: Why dad?

Ahmad: You see son, the Chinese are actually bad people.
They come from another country and they want to chase us out of this country.
Son: Why do they want to do that dad?
Ahmad: Because they are greedy. Now, you tell your fairy god mother
that your dad is right by doing what he did. Can your fairy god mother
grant you wishes?
Son: Yes dad, she told me so. She even asked me to make a wish but I
didn't know what to ask for.
Ahmad: Well, ask your fairy god mother to make all this pendatangs
to disappear. Okay son, time for bed. No more talking to make belief
fairy god mothers okay. Good night son!
Son: Good night dad.

15 minutes later

Ahmad: SON, SON, where are you? Where are you? Huh, there you are. I
am so worried, I thought, I'd never find you.
Son: Dad, where are we? Why are we here? I was talking to my fairy godmother and suddenly we here in a strange place.
Ahmad: Err, what were you talking to the fairy god mother?

Son: I told her, I wish all the pendatangs would be sent back to where
they come from. Dad, is that Tun Dr Mahathir and Uncle Samy there
selling roti? Dad is this India? Fairy God Mother also said that
Indonesia's population increased by 18 million within 15 mins!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
_________________________________________________________________