Wednesday, February 18, 2009

two out of three ain't bad

I love Meatloaf and the song titled Two out of Three ain't bad.
Anyway, I used the song title recently - to console another. Guess it is a mellowing or maturing of sorts, too, on my part. We must agree it is a rather good consolation statement of sorts. It is a positive compromise considering one's situation.

What else could one say? It is madness to be a breadwinner, takes a second degree (part time) and a professional certificate, all at the same time. Positively, it is good that we have such positive and aggressive young people around.

Once upon a time, I would not have accepted anything less than the best. In fact I believe that nothing, under the sun, is unachievable. No mountain is too high; and no wind is more welcomed that a force 5 for windsurfing at Kuantan Balok beach, right in the middle of a monsoon! I blame my mum for such an attitude; who as of today, is so strong that she survived 20 years of colon cancer and still walking inspite of a collapsed lumbar. Her moto is - for every day I live some one will find a cure!

I know I expect a lot from myself, hence, inevitably of others. It got to the stage that I was told off ie not to expect others to be able to do something just because we ourselves have done it.

End of the day, being able to take pressure requires opportunites. A positive never-say-die attitude helps too. So two out of three is a positive compromise!

__________________________________________