Wednesday, March 25, 2009

methodism

Okay, our good friend and up-and-coming theologian Pearlie has published a survey. She has worded it like I did most of the work. So I must complete the compliment and said that the idea originated from Pearlie who also collated all of it.

The other thing is - though I have had been at the forefront of many 'battles', it does take some getting use to seeing one mentioned quite so often in a paragraph!

Incidentally I have just finished reading the Reader and am still reeling from it. However, I am glad to say that I like John Wesley's doctrine of Sanctification. It is practical and a relief. The idea of one's christian perfection or spiritual transformation is progressive takes away a lot of pressure. Pressure as in - non-believers' and even some of our fellow Christians' expectations that we will be a saint literally, the minute we accept Christ.

In fact, a 'perfect' Christian is one who "becomes more and more aware of his moral, psychological and intellectual imperfections". So the more I admit I am a sinner, the more I will grow in grace. And if I continue to maintain an unbroken relationship to Christ, it will bring an increasing sensitivity to God's will'.(Works, XI, 384) Amen indeed!

Simple logic? The danger is when one indulges in being a sinner, for whatever reasons and goes for multiple confessions or repentances! Sadly, it is rampant, even among our seniors!
_____________________________________________________________________