Monday, March 16, 2009

a weekend to remember

First I accepted to be the liturgist this weekend, in thanksgiving for finishing my 17th! Not a good form of thanksgiving and my excuse is only human.

Then I asked Doc to doctor an insurance claim. All very legitimate and recommended by the agent! Of course Doc would not - proving once again his integrity!

Then I went for Aunt Grace's funeral service. I am so touched and blessed! Aunt Grace's spirit came to say good bye!

Bishop Yap Kim Hao gave a wonderful eulogy of a lady of breeding and substance! Amazing too that Bishop Yap is still so eloquent and full of presence at his age! Good too to see all the 'old' pastors like Rev Ng Ee Lin, Rev Wong En Mein and Rev Chew Tow Yow in attendance. Can't help but to note sarcastically, that all these 'presence' has kept the senior pastor in line and in awe! Not every one is quite so blessed though. Many of the 'friends' are really going down hill.

Sad that I saw another young soul of 23 who needs mentoring! Sigh! Do I really have to, my Lord? Is this my calling? I really just want to go 'a wandering, with a knapsack on my back'!

Sad too that not all passing of time means we are any smarter or for the better! It was nine years since I stepped into the Sanctuary. Yes, the design has changed. No, it is not the physical outlook which I need to get used to or giving the new a chance. Hopefully it is a little maturing on my part, as I really don't think there is any necessity to go back again! Neither do I need to be attached to a structure, physically, literally or figuratively. I am thankful that I no longer need to be 'attached' for reasons of climbing up the ladder, for a living or a calling! Although I acknowledge that it is convenient to be as it comes along with the ability to exercise one's contribution within a society!

Worshiping God is not confined but every moment and in the heart!
____________________________________________________________