Wednesday, December 24, 2008

the EvE of

Today, as the EvE of, has been a strange day. It is Eve of Christmas. It is also the EvE of my 8th year-young-birth-day-into-Christ. For the better part of this afternoon, I was in the warehouse - packing. Not packing Christmas presents, but packing stocks for delivery; the last lot for the year. Tomorrow, there will be a 40 and 20 foot container to unpack. Yes, I am working.

Currently, I am more emotionally drained than tired. Perhaps it is an after effect of yesterday. I ended the day - with a nasty mail to a trading partner, threatening CBT; and talking to a young friend who have had a lesson in the hard-knocks of, what I call, the 'real life'. Both had one thing in common. We are talking about behaviours of Christians in the secular world; and whether it has affected our faith.

Issue is how do we embody Christ in every thing we do and which ever 'world' we are in - ie marry if not narrow the gap between what I call 'my secular life' and 'my church life'.

Recently, in a Eagles team lecture, I was taught that we must be God-Centered ie replace the mission or vision statements with God-Centeredness statements. Easy to say not easy to do. For many of us, as we strive to multi-task daily, how do we keep Him centered? He is the tinest of dot in our mind and furthest skewed to the left or right of our heart. Maybe we should adopt the Islamic style of dropping everything five times a day, for prayers? In this aspect, I envy pastors and theological lecturers. As they move mostly in 'a Christian environment', therefore, they are more likely to embody a Christ-like behaviour and make God Centered decisions 24seven?

Re whether it has affected our faith - I am grateful for the hours of theological lectures and assignments!!! With a bit more knowledge of various attributes of God, examples of fellow Christians behaving well or badly or even that the good is allowed to suffer as in JOB, one learns to think and discern. At least I could now say - 'no! don't blame God; it is just a human trait or/and a result of it'.

So, on this EvE, I again re-affirm my choice and faith:
"Because he has set his love upon ME,
therefore, I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known MY Name.
he shall call upon ME, and I will answer him
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver and honour him
.... and show him my salvation"
KJV; Psalm 91: 14-15
Book Four - The Eternity of God and Man's Fraility

Yes, indeed, God has been extremely kind and faithful!!! We even close the year, today, with a very respectable top and bottom-line! I certainly look forward to this year-end's reward!!! Next year will be a new journey!