Tuesday, December 9, 2008

of yoga and holy people....

I am playing catch up with my blog..
About two weeks ago, there were a lot of news on yoga ie One must not practise Yoga as it is non-Islamic due to its religious conotations and orgin. I wasn't going to blog about it, as certain quarters of our own Christian faith does not 'approve' of it either, and for the same reason, too. There are also certain quarters who fear that eventually, even Tai chi's etc will be similarly looked at.
I have had joined yoga classes. I subscribe to my teacher's view, a caucasian lady, who is more interested in its stretching exercise aspects than that of its origin.
But what got me going was this 'joke' sent to me.

......yoga ruled to be non-Islamic. the mufti says Kamasutra is permitted but with limited moaning and groaning, and strictly without chanting OGod.. ooo God...i am c.....g...

Here I have to say I am tempted to agree with the mufti. We cannot be 'chanting' the name of our Lord in vain! and in any circumstances???
....Smile with me!!! ... I don't wish to be an uptight Christian, probably am an occassionally naughty one, living in Paul's real world.....