Monday, January 5, 2009

hats off to ... theologians..

oh! but to join me in my mirth..

First thing in the morning, I had a mail from a classmate who "wished me a blessed new year, with a new resolution to finish MDiv within the next three years"!!! Of course that started my day with a smile; and an immediate denial. I have no resolution. Even if I have had made any, that would be not be it! Neither do I need such pressure, on the 'first' day of the year!

Meanwhile, yup I am sitting in the office and supposed to be commencing my 2009 work. In reality and out of curiosity, I found the book from the free Judaic Online Library, A History of the Jewish People in the Time of Jesus Christ (in 5 vols.) by Emil Schurer, D.D., M.A. Thanks to the Reb and Dr Mariottini!

As I 'multi-tasked' between reading online and doing a report, I can't help smiling:-

  1. I laugh at a statement I once made - the more I read the more I realised how little I know. How true this has proved to be ... daily..
  2. I laugh with shame, as I realised how shallow my past assignments had been..
  3. I laugh at the thought and audacity of even contemplating furthering my studies ..

I take my hat off, to the past and current theologians, for such brillance, intellect and perserverance :

  1. I particularly say 'kudos' to all who intend to or achieve their PHD in theology...
  2. I thank God for all the Christian saints who made His literature available to us, free and online ..
  3. Last but not least I thank my classmates' for their encouragement and their faith in me.
I don't know, I really don't know... at least I am not willing to make the commitment.... not yet !

ps. incidentally I was told off for such indecisiveness - "what are you waiting for? the Burning Bush?" -_-
____________________________________________________