Saturday, January 3, 2009

its a new year...

Yes, it's a new year.... and inspite of the slight hang-over etc, it has been a fruitful day...

First, I have cleaned out my wardrobe today; away with the 'old fashioned' and in with the 'new'. Well, it is not exactly new or old... just that I finally summed up my courage and threw away the three piece suits of yesteryear. Guess it is also the final act of acceptance that I have had enough of what it represents. But I still have the issue of branded handbags etc. which I am not willing to let that go quite yet. One day, one day! It's not as if I am going into the monastary... may be a garage sales eventually!

Then, my garden. It is amazing how much life, the raining season has given to the plants. Well, I have trimmed it, and with the 'dry' season coming, it should look neat for a while. Repotted the roses and orchids and even have a vegetable plot going. There are the five four-cornered-bean plants; neighbour gave me 'kow-kee choy' and mum the 'chan-choy'. That should be keep me well supplied with greens, over the next few months, when I will have to live off quick meals and gallons of coffee!

Incidentally , do you know what else happens in my garden? The greatest love story on earth!
......He speaks, and the sound of His voice is so sweet
the birds hush their singing,
and the melody that He gave to me within my heart is ringing:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
and He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known....
(In the Garden - UMH 314)
____________________________