Monday, January 12, 2009

weight of silence

Right, I had a tiff last week. So today being Monday, I have decided not to do any walk-about but really sit and finish my 'paper-work', especially with the long CNY break coming up!

Boy oh boy! one could literally touch the silence in the office.

So it reminded and dawned on me:-

  • how true it is to 'guard our tongue'...
  • how silence could be a 'dead-weight' ..
  • that silence speaks much more than actions..
  • silence definitely does not give opportunities for the bad to wrought further damage?
  • nor the good to right a wrong..
  • that I was the life-wire of the party ???... he hee he!
  • Okay the opposite of silence is communication.
But why should we be the one to right the wrong? I am only as human as the next! Oh well, let me finish my work, before I try to be the 'bigger person'!

Meanwhile let us all stew in our own juice. It is actually good for our soul, sometimes.

Otherwise we will not appreciate nor reflect upon the sound of silence!

_____________________________________________________