Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ask if you don't know.....

We were told a couple of times, in our Greek class, to ask if we don't understand! It is a general statement by our rather pastoral lecturer! Though he did explain a couple of times, I have to admit I still did not understand!

I said to him, politely of course: "not that we do not want to ask, though we do not understand, it is more of we do not know what to ask". May be this is more relevant when studying a language! I mean, if we do not have enough exercises to practice on, or read or speak the language, or how could we apply it?

So it is a chicken or egg situation. So for example: "Ask and you will be given" or told and taught? Even if we ask, God does not necessarily give everything we ask. We don't know what He has in store for us, so how and what to ask for if I don't know!

Naughty as I am, what I did not say to our lecturer is - 'if I did know what to ask, then we are no longer the student but the teacher'.

_______________________________________________________________