Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas....

It is christmas!!!
Another year, another Christmas!

Have to say it is at least 4-5 years that I did not have such a good Christmas! Truly my last paper about/on Exile has laid all the 'ghosts' to rest! And not forgetting no assignment dates looming...

But over the last few days I have had committed myself to attend Hebrew and Church History and wait for this ... promise to teach Sunday School to the not so young! And this is inspite of the heavy work schedule planned! Not sure what I committed to for the moment! The 1st quarter of 2010 will be a killer!

For the moment though, I feel ever so light with no 'burdens'. One of the reasons could well be the amount of ye olde Christmas songs I have sung over the last two nights! The CandleLight Service has been so full of joy! Wish we do not have to wait till and only for Christmas to sing 'christmas hymns'. Am looking forward to the Watchnight Service on the 31st too! Good old Methodist tradition that should not die out, I hope!

Then of course, today we get to open our presents under the Holiday Tree in my virtual farm! That is another story and quite a delight! What is worth noting is that this Holiday Tree is really a Christmas tree! Sad, as it is considered politically correct, with the Americans' to call it a 'holiday' or 'Tinsel' tree - but never Christmas! Wonder who or which group pushes it through! Maybe we could consider Christmas as a hyped up marketing strategy by the marketing and retailing folks! But there are a generation who grew up celebrating the event! So we compromise one group's tradition in the face of political politeness! Was not this groups' freedom of celebration compromised?

Perhaps I could not stop the tide! However, I could insist on wishing every one, of every race or religion:
A very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

____________________________________________________