Tuesday, December 22, 2009

done my dues....

As usual I just had a shelling from some one half my age! Though it is part and parcel of my job, it still takes some getting use to!

Once it was very much a part of the ego! Then we consoles ourself; brings one back to focus as to why we need to do it! We tell ourselves that we need to 'yen', then visualise the chinese character of a knive on top of one's heart! Monetary reasons being one of the main and most important; it is a great antidote, in suppressing the ego!

But this time - the 'revelation' is totally different! I burst out laughing! Why? A thought came from my heart(?). It says "you have paid your dues"!

So I looked up at this young girl and gave her a most serene look which said 'sorry darling, you still have a whole life ahead'!

Yes, I have paid my dues! At least in a couple of days, I am technically and legally retire-able! What a wonderful thought! And at that moment, I did seriously felt a great joy in my heart!

However, now that I have 'got' over it, the only scary thought is - if it is truly God telling me that I have paid my dues, at least in Paul's world, it also means that I have to start doing His Work! Yes, I could quote myself verses after verses, where He will be walking before me; won't put me through things that I would not be able to handle etc. etc. etc. Yet, it is still with some trepidation and fear that I have with the thought! I am only but human!

Okay Lord, bring it on, bring it on indeed! After all those trials and tribulations, it is about time, that my threshold for pain is put for good use for His Kingdom!

__________________________________________________________________