Monday, August 24, 2009

GI Joe

Went to see GI Joe. Was it good! Exhausting is the word!

Exhausting because there is so much action going on! Read many years ago, of a research which was conducted by the advertising agency! It says that young children are able to observe and understand very quick takes and actions! Obviously as we are not that young any more, it was difficult for my thought process to filter the innudations of sound and action.

Re the story line? No big deal! Good verses the bad; good triumphs but bad will be back one day. Keeps the series going!

But I would like to see it again. I watch movies as I am constantly amazed at the modern computer-aided technologies that make death-defying feats almost real, in the big screen. I love the thought of being able to 'fly' above the cars, tumble and still not be physically hurt! Most of all, I love movies as it caters to our fantasies! The downside of course is that it leaves very little to imagination!

I have bought and read many GI Joe comic books. With our neighbour, we form our own army. We shoot imaginery aliens behind bushes! We use catapults, wooden guns and sticks for swords! I think it is much more fun, getting through our childhood with most things left to our imaginations!

___________________________________________________________________________