Friday, August 21, 2009

post greek syndrome

Yup, I went out for dinner the very next night with colleagues to celebrate. We indulged in a great 'ham-tan' crap ie crab fried with salted eggs! So sinful - it is double cholestrol. But you have to try it at the PJ Baru coffee-shop! We have tried the same style of cooking in Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and even Bintulu. Though these places have real fresh sea-food, PJ Baru's cook does the best ham-tan crap. Oh, I have to mention that they have the best 'Fukien Chow vermicillin and mee'. It is great to indulge, occassionally of course, in the pork crackling among the noodles!

After dinner was only 10-ish when I got home! That's when I realised that I have a problem! I messaged a friend and said - 'hei, I don't have vocabs to learn or exercises to do! How'? He messaged back and said I have not only post greek syndrome, but post MCS syndrome!

Oh well, I have to admit that it is true! For the last three months, there is a focused routine. When it ends it does leaves me rather 'free'.

I shouldn't complain really! There is the house to clean and the books to pack away! Oh, yes, and the bills to pay! Just today, I received a notice that my electricity supply will be cut if I don't pay the bill. Really did not realised that I have swept everything aside and was that focused! So today, I promptly paid my water, electricity and telephone bills. Alas, I couldn't find my Astro bill! Reminds me of what a friend said once - I need a house-husband! Actually my Dad would suffice - he even keeps a record when my drivng licence will expire! He would have flipped over a small thing like a parking ticket, least of all a notice to cut utilities supply!

So I went home for dinner at my parents, last night! Got a royal treatment! The lost sheep who has not been home for a while! Need to do that more often from now onwards! Only problem is I tend to over eat! Mum reminds me that now that I am free, I should get back on the bicycle. What she means is I should now loose some weight! I have good excuses! It's all these late suppers after Greek class, and munching in the wee-hours of the morning trying to complete the parsings etc! Right, will send my mountain bike for service this weekend!

Exercise should help me get over these post .... syndromes; and should help me get back into the swim suit for the short break at the beach early next month! Yup, I am finally having a holiday!
_________________________________________________________________________