Monday, August 17, 2009

personifying Christ.....

I have just got to record another incident how one could personify Christ with the current facilities that the Lord has blessed us with.. with or without fear of the legal laws of the country or the society we live in...

Then, I was also told, just today, that we must not take sides! Apologise! But I not believe we can sit on the fence! Jesus said that if I am luke warm about Him, He will deny me!

So what is it about? Well, there is a group of 50 families of illegal Burmese refugees who will be given a time slot to worship every Sunday at 2.30pm, in the current church I worship. Originally these group of refugees were worshiping at a nearby church. But they have grown to consist of 160people; and there is not enough space to house them. Hence the official reason for the move.

What I am really trying to say here is:
Kudos! This group of committee members, who made the decision, personify the character of Christ and helped extend the kingdom of God. They gave us refuge when we were ‘lost’ (from another issue); of which I have grown to really appreciate! Now they again gave refuge to the Burmese refugees.

It is easy to give refuge to us, fellow Christians. The authority will not care much if it is 'issues within one's Christian community'. But now, we have the issue of 'housing' illegal refugees! Maybe I am overly worried! Maybe I have a lapse in faith and is lukewarm. But they have my greatest appreciation and admiration.

I am not sure what will happen when the authorities using ISA comes charging with tear gases. They have already confiscated other efforts by other churches! So please pray for these group of people who so boldly carry the Cross, in His Name......!
_______________________________________________________________________