Monday, October 5, 2009

historic day

Well, we were invited to the graduation "pending official notice from Academic Office"!

So today is a historic day, indeed! We were all told officially that "you can sleep well and look forward to the graduation day". Yes, it was a relief and the handphone has been busy! Then of course there is the exchange of grades and GPA!

I have been:-
a. 'told off' that we are not supposed to talk about grades if we are studying theology. End of the day, the reality is that an education with an institution needs an authentic certification. Also a grade invariably represents the degree of our understanding of the subject or God's word!

b. questioned with a bit of disdain as to why do we need to pursue a certificate! Sorry kid, I confess I am not very disciplined! An audit does not force me to search or dig further about my God. I suppose I could use the excuse I am medically deaf in one ear as far as sermons are concerned. Whatever it is, both are like 'ee-pin-foong' (in Cantonese) meaning 'wind blowing beside the ear'! it does not all go into my heart!

Incidentally (b) was said by a person of the frock! Hei, we are no threat, you know! At best, we are watch-dogs, and question you a bit more! Have you no confidence in yourself or your faith?
__________________________________________________________