Monday, October 5, 2009

housekeeping

Went for a classmates' daughter's wedding! Good gathering to see friends again! Learning to get use to saying 'I am your mum's or mother-in-laws classmate'!

I have to take my hat off for all these females, who holds a job, runs the office and family and bring up at least two kids! Oh have to mention - catering and taking care of the 'husband'. All these without a maid! A couple of things come to mind!

First, here I am thinking it is a great deal to run a company, do my assignments, wondering what to do with the house work, washing and ironing, since the maid has not been turning up for two weeks now. Not to mention waiting for the plumber! The washer has broken down and have run up a huge water bill! Oh, forgot to mention I have to go see my aging parents, as well!

At least a decade ago, I read a thesis done by an American female. Met and read her thesis in a plane. There was no internet then, neither did I keep in contact; so can't quote her! Her conclusion is that the Asian females are far more superior (if not wile-ly) than their American counterparts! A rather amusing conclusion she draws is that 'the Asian females, although, in reality, runs the family (plus the office) has managed to 'make the husband feels like he is the man of the household and family'.

Since then I have to admit that I have had learnt from it. I do not have open confrontation with Asian Bosses! I have learnt to make them feel extremely important, giving them the full credit whilst getting the job done - my way!. I have also long accepted that it will take another generation or two, before females will be recognised as really equal - at home, in the corporate world, or in church(?)!

This is a total opposite from dealing with 'white-western' bosses! They like to have an open and frank disscussion. Most importantly, they will acknowledge they are wrong! No ego getting in the way! I thank my western female counterparts. They are pioneers for many females of future generations to come!

Oh! Last but not least, incidentally I was told that I should get a house-husband! Hmm... not a bad idea!
__________________________________________________________