Saturday, October 17, 2009

sobering ceremony....

Attended the graduation ceremony on the 16th Saturday, 2009! It is a sobering affair to me for a few reasons!
a. The pomp and tradition of the ceremony befits the occasion.It brings about the seriousness of the occasion, to me anyway! If I have ever thought that it is just another academic award - and I oft have; I have to equate that I have just about been in the presence if not witness the visual 'holiness of God'.
b. The attendance of so many Bishops of different denominations gives a visual representation and coherence of a 'one' church/body of Christ. Do wish such gatherings are more visible for us 'lay christians'(?).

Oh, I have to mention that I do not envy all these young graduands coming out to pastor! Yes, they have finished their first theological education! I praise the Lord for it. But the world out there is not nice! We really have to pray for our young ones! For the matter, it is the same for all other young secular graduands!

Now for the fun part! We had a great time at the graduation dinner! Yes, it was good to gather together without the burden of 'outstanding assignments! Yes, we gave a little expose of what we feel and have to go through as part-time students! Guess you could say we took the opportunity to 'poke fun' at our lecturers! On the other hand, we were told we made heroes of our two 'Ye olde Knights of NT and OT'! What ever it is, we have had learnt a lot of the Word of God, from them!

What next? I think it was appropriately and thoughtfully defined by a fellow classmate! He gave us a parting gift - a book - 'Quiet moments with God! Apt reminder - not just head knowledge but heart knowledge of HIM!
Praise the Lord indeed!
______________________________________________________