Thursday, November 20, 2008

Gen Z and Ai-Dee-Ten-Tee

Okay I have a confession to make. I sort of learnt how to 'beautify' my blog because my nephews, who are in their early teens, gave me 'lessons' on it. Believe me there are more lessons lined up. I mean I have not picked up how to add the various types of skins, links, url... etc., etc., etc., yet.

Today, I received a mail which made me laugh and nearly fall off the chair! Hence, I just have to copy it here for 'eternity'......

::::::::::::::::::Joke::::::::::::::::::::::
I was having trouble with my computer.
So I called Richard, the 11 year old next door whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over. Richard clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away I called after him 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid but nonetheless inquired, 'An ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Richard grinned. 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?''
'No' I replied.'Write it down' he said 'and I think you'll figure it out.'
So I wrote down I D 1 0 T
I used to like the little shit.
:::::::::::::::::: End - writer unknown :::::::::::::::::::::
And You would have thought it is our generation who beget-ted them and the computer!
Fortunately, we still have our faculties and humility (?) to Learn new things!