Saturday, November 15, 2008

tabula rosa?

I have just booked my hotel transfer to the airport. I will be getting a morning call at 5am! Transport leaving at 5.50am. Well, Guess i will not be sleeping. New mind! I have bought two new books. The one and only 'Hebrew for Dummies' on the shelf - have not opened it, but there is a CD; think I am the really dummy to have bought it.

The other book is 'Appreciating Modern Art'. Jim Thompson must have been a Christian, as many of his comments relates quite a bit to the Bible. Bloody Expensive! But thought it should be relevent for my Exile - Creative question!!!!!. Anyway I 'saw' this statement - a blank piece of paper to the artist is like a 'tabula rosa' to the Exiles! Don't know what it means Need to check out the meaning of 'tabula rosa'; think the lecturer mentioned the word, but I did not ask.

Had roast-goose-drumstick rice for dinner! The lady at the cashier counter have had to make such a racket that all the customers just have to look up at this person who pays HK$55.00 for a dinner! Ai yah!

Okay, bought a roast goose for HK$140.00 - it used to cost me HK$300.00 each. Anway, I hope it is not a roast duck paddled off as roast goose. I wouldn't have know any better! May be it is because I bought it from the Wan Chai Market! There is also the afamous siew ngok and char-siew! Think my dad is getting on now! It is about time, I should let him indulge; have not done that for the last two years! That's my excuse!