Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Choice

I have spent quite a number of hours learning to 'beautify' my blog; and state what I have stated!

Then I received a mail, through a third party, purportedly written and Posted by Super Admin
Tuesday, 18 November 2008 11:13. Title of article is Tax-payer paid holiday for: .... the great Pretender to the throne, Najib Tun Razak, accompanied by aspiring 'First Lady' Rosmah, ... heading for a grand trip abroad the government's VIP Jet to the APEC meeting in Peru on 22-23 November. After the two-day meeting they will proceed for a week-long taxpayer-paid holiday in Washington DC, from 24 to 29 November to take advantage of the Thanksgiving holidays. This, as everyone knows, is the peak holiday shopping period in the US! The couple will therefore be making a great contribution to the recession-plagued US economy......

What is my reaction to such informations? Assuming this information, plus many others, are true:-

a. sitting alone in our armchair - there is this helpless anger! 'S..t' though I fall within the highest bracket of taxable income, like everything else, and there is nothing I could do about it!

b. then I tell myself that I really don't want to know. Infact I do not want to be innudated with so much information. Ignorance is (mostly) bliss!

c. Why ignorance? To quote what was said to me once - 'what is there to talk about if you can't do anything about it'? This statement also reminds me of a recent argument with a very good friend. She won't even exercise her one constitutional right to vote, as she believes that her one vote will not effect any change. You know we do have to agree that it is her constitutional right to think this way. Neither would I bother to quote here all those famous sayings - of how the bad trives because the good did nothing.

c. in actual fact, generations of us semuts have survived when the gajah's did what they did. Some semuts have even made it very rich!

So what is
i. my concluding thought: - It is our choice! A choice, we, Anak Malaysia, have made. So live with it!

ii. 'articulation of my inner-self':- 'Be Still Oh my soul! and know who is Lord'.

iii. my worldly self:- Actually (ii) helps to calm the dissonance of (i). We must believe Abraham Lincoln's statement - that we can bluff most people most of the time, but not all the people all the time! The only choice we are left with other than turning up at the odd candlelight vigil is to believe that we just have to 'wait upon the Lord'.