Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Snake Soup

I just have to record this:-

I had snake soup yesterday ... not that it taste great, but it is traditional.
Traditional as we must have snake soup, when the weather is just turning cooler, signifying end of autumn and beginning of Winter; from 28C over the weekend to 21C - 12th Nov 08. Is it any good? I mean the soup. Well it is no big deal; cause I could not recognise the snake meat - just the traditional black fungus and the msg which gives me a thirst.

Work? Tiring; as we walked the whole day. Anything new? Yup - baked eyeshadows and blush. Baked? Yes, the sheer, gloss looking ones. The appearance looks great; but the sheerness of the formula will not be popular. Hence it is a real cosmetic change for the cosmetics. Some nice looking packaging though.

Lunch - I had ox-tongue curry rice. Why? I ordered it because it was first on the list. I always feel hassled by these HongKees. They are always rushing around. Not that they are impatient just that they want you to eat and get out as fast as possible; so that they could serve and collect monies from the next lot of customers. This is called ROI of table space; after all, space is money in this space constrained island of Hong Kong!

Dinner today - first I have been looking for my nephew's favourite cow tendon's soup for the last two nights. For the life of me, I just could not find it, think rental is just too high and they have moved. However, I just can't give up as i love it too. So I asked the tan-tart man; who directed me to another store.

Did I enjoy my cow-tendon noodles? Like Lunch, again I feel so hassled. I was placed just infront of the door of the cooking place which leads to the rest of the shop. My table was vibrating as it was placed next to and touching the huge refrigerator. In front of me, the Boss was shouting at the top of his voice when ever a dish is prepared. Then his staff will take the food, with the tray and bowl literally flying/sailing over my head. So the longer I sat there, the lower I crouch. I must really learn to eat faster. But, but eating should never be rushed! Food should always be enjoyed! Still it was worth it, I mean the tendons and noodles I had.

Moral of the story - I must really watch out and exercise when I get home. Got to get back to my smoothies and clear the system. I seem to be eating so much of the gizzards and funny food, that I would not have been eating at home. Oh well, they are not available at home any way. ..