Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sacrilege and Exile!

Right i have left the country for 24hrs *3 now. So much have happened.
I forgot to bring my notebook. so i have to make this Brief as it cost me HK$25.00 per half hour.

a. Sacrilege? - it is so devastating to get an sms that the police charged a crowd when they were in the middle of singing the National Anthem! It is nothing short of sacrilege and great hyprocrisy, when one could be arrested under the ISA for making fun of the 'national anthem' and suggesting 'flying the national Flag upside down'.

b. Kept save? - this is the second time when I am away from the country, from such excitement and historical moment. One is the first Bersih rally and now this MPPJ saga. However, I was present at the recent coup in thailand.

c. Different class? Was with my ex-colleagues and friends. Yes, i had a great time, wonderful expensive and posh food and restuarants. They have had just been briefed to CUT, FREEZE AND CUT expenses. However, the foreseeable future would not affect their foreseeable livelihood.

However, I took a break today! I stayed in my hotel room. Went out briefly to stock up for breakfast etc. Most importantly, I need the space and time off to 'think' if not to recover, reflect or catch up with the 'mental, emotional and spiritual shock'?

d. Exile ? - of course i needed this time 'in Exile'. Who doesn't? First i had three days of heavy and serious input of the 597-593 BC. Then over three hours I was transported thousands of miles away, into a totally different environment! It is not the slavery of the Babylonian Empire, but a society of the rich and wealthy. Yes, we are the creme de la creme employees of the big multinationals. And most scary - God does not exist in this world.

have to seriously pray and think about things when i get back!
by 2010, will I be:-
a. a Mad DIV
b. a Mad Cow
c. or just an ordinary Mad woMAN