Friday, November 14, 2008

people mountain, people ocean

Went out to TsimShaTsui just now. I am so good... spent relatively little this trip. Will do a preliminary packing and see if I have space to pack a 'siew ngo' home for my dad for Sunday 16th dinner.
People mountain people ocean - as in the mandarin peribahasa. I just love to sit on the pavement and look at the numerous number of people walking pass. One really wonders where they are going, what they are thinking.

I had a thought. I will challenge the next person I meet who talks to me about mission. I will challenge them to talk about Christ 'in-this and to-this mountain and ocean of people'. I know it will not be easy. Stopping them in their tracks is already a challenge, nothwithstanding having to 'change their mind'. What a lot of praying for humans; what a lot of work for the Holy Spirit. In fact, it would seem so romantic to go on missions to some nepalese or african villages, who are in dire physical needs.

Did not blog last night; I could muster just about enough energy to clear my mail.
Not sure if it is age catching up, but it is so tiring to be on one's feet the whole day. After which we were invited to dinner by Hans and Britta. Well, a couple of things about dinner - we had cantonese at Royal Garden Chinese restuarant. Deep furrow on Han's brow when he have had to pay the bill. Must be bloody expensive. Sharks fin was not worth its price, peking duck's okay. We had a bottle of white and red wine from Chile. Incidentally Hans owes a vineyard at the French Italian border! To make up for the exhorbitant cost of the meal, my Boss promised to be number one in their clients list! What a tall order!

Okay, today is the last day of Cosmoprof. Our Manufacturer and shareholders have had a big cheshire-cat smile on his face. One would if one has just been on a spending/shopping spree; we are talking millions US$ here - bought a new machine!!! Oh well, it just means we will be conducting more clearance of old packaging and introduction of new ones! 2009 will be a busy one; and I really, really have to finish my assigmnets/MCS in the early part of the year!
Will be spending time with Yvonne tomorrow whilst Doc does his presentation.

Then it's home! Yeah! Baby!
I always love leaving for Hong Kong! I also love leaving Hong Kong too. It's great to go home to our snail-paced and 'still growing' nation!